Defense of Employment Claims in Federal and State Courts, Before Administrative Agencies, and in Arbitration
Vincent Serafino Geary Waddell Jenevein, P.C., has a robust employment litigation practice and defends both private and public employers in federal and state courts, before administrative agencies, and in arbitration. We are renowned throughout Texas for our work on behalf of private and public employers, including school districts, and we represent clients with operations across the state.
We continuously collaborate with our clients to:
- Create, revise and update personnel policies and employee handbooks
- Prepare and revise employment agreements
- Offer counsel regarding legal compliance
- Provide training designed to prevent future litigation or minimize the risks associated with potential litigation
Comprehensive preventative legal work can save all employers substantial time and resources in the long run.
Trusted, Proactive and Responsive Employment Law Trial Lawyers
Our attorneys are extensively experienced in defending against all types of employment law claims and have a remarkable track record in state and federal appellate courts, including in the Texas Courts of Appeal, the Texas Supreme Court, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. We also handle hearings in front of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
If your company has an internal process for resolving employee complaints, we can help you work through that process effectively, working to ensure legal compliance throughout it.
Cases we have handled include:
- Title VII claims
- Texas Labor Code Chapter 21 (employment discrimination and retaliation) claims
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) claims
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) claims
- Harassment, sexual harassment and hostile work environment claims
- 42 U.S.C. § 1983 civil rights actions
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims
- Texas Whistleblower Act claims
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) wage and hour claims, both individual and collective actions
- Class action lawsuits
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) whistleblower claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Misappropriation of trade secrets claims
- Noncompetition agreement disputes
- Enforcement and defense of noncompetition litigation and contractual and fraud-based disputes
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) and Public Health Safety Act claims
- Union disputes
Our attorneys advise during internal investigations, working to mitigate liability and preparing our clients' cases for cost-effective resolutions and reasonable settlements whether litigating individual, class or collective actions.
Consult Accomplished and Established Employment Litigators
Our team members can be reached in Dallas and Houston at 214-979-7400 or through our secure online form. Please contact us with questions and to schedule a meeting with an attorney.