We manage construction litigation for a host of clients with past and ongoing business in Texas. Much of our construction law practice involves defending design professionals in design defect and contract administration claims, but we also handle construction-related transactions with a broad range of clients.
Design professionals, general contractors and subcontractors consistently seek advice and guidance from our construction attorneys, from the project negotiation and teaming stages through the resolution of post-construction disputes. Several of our construction attorneys have devoted their careers to educating and advising the design and construction industries, efficiently resolving myriad complex construction disputes.
The firm's lawyers recently handled some of the largest construction disputes in Texas, including the Berth 7 Wharf failure in Freeport, Texas, and the remediation of Allen Eagle Stadium, which both involved defending design professionals.
Based on our vast experience and reputation for delivering stellar results, we are commonly called upon to defend members of the design professional and construction communities against allegations of design and construction defects. As a result, our firm has developed strong relationships with many of the nation's largest professional liability insurers, Engineering News-Record (ENR) Top 500 design firms, and regional and local design and construction firms. These relationships are bolstered by our unwavering commitment to resolving every construction dispute expeditiously and cost-effectively.
Professional Liability Defense
Our construction lawyers specialize in defending architects, engineers and registered land surveyors against professional liability claims, including claims throughout Texas and Oklahoma arising from alleged design defects as well as contract administration claims. We also defend architects and engineers in complaints before the Texas Board of Architectural Examiners (TBAE) and the Texas Board of Professional Engineers (TBPE).
The firm's lawyers have defended design defect claims in excess of $40 million.
- We routinely defend and prosecute delay and disruption claims, unanticipated site condition claims, failure of payment claims, copyright claims and disputes, personal injury claims, regulatory issues claims, and claims and disputes relating to mechanic's liens.
- We specialize in construction defect cases alleging patent or latent defects due to defective work, defective materials and other matters.
- We represent property owners, builders and developers, contractors and subcontractors, manufacturers, fabricators, suppliers, surety companies, and bond companies in a host of contract-related litigation, including issues surrounding performance bonds and payment bonds, mechanics' liens, and stop notices.
Contract Negotiation and Strategic Planning
Our firm provides meticulous document preparation and solid direction to clients in all aspects of construction contract negotiations, including:
- Design professional services agreements
- Construction contract drafting and review
- Bid documentation and review
- Subcontracts and supply contracts
- Joint ventures, teaming agreements and public-private partnerships
At Vincent Serafino Geary Waddell Jenevein, P.C., we advise our clients in all processes of project development and transactions, from contract negotiations to final closeout, including liens, bonds, land acquisition, procurement, licensing, financing and zoning approvals.
Our experience spans a broad spectrum of project types, including new construction, renovations, modifications and temporary structures across industries. We have advised and represented clients in all types of legal forums, including state and federal courts, administrative hearings, mediations, and arbitrations in relation to:
- Residential developments
- Commercial buildings
- Industrial structures and plants
- Municipal buildings and facilities
- Maritime structures
- Power plants and transmission facilities
- Energy projects (upstream, midstream and downstream)
- Health care facilities
- Parking structures
- Public works
- Sports facilities
We pursue favorable resolutions in our clients' best interests and proactively advocate on their behalf throughout the course of construction projects and disputes.
Speak With a Lawyer in Our Construction Practice Group
Please call us at 214-979-7400 or send us an email through our secure online form. We look forward to speaking with you.