At Vincent Serafino Geary Waddell Jenevein, P.C., we have defended against governmental liability claims throughout Texas, representing state and municipal public entities, including school districts, water districts, mental health facilities and other entities. Our governmental liability group represents clients in grievances, administrative hearings, and litigation and appeals in state and federal courts.
Our representation is comprehensive, and we regularly handle high-profile cases. We provide a full range of legal services, including:
- Prelitigation counseling
- Investigation management
- Policy and practice review
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) responses
- Open records request management and compliance with open meetings laws
- Litigation defense
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) practices counseling
Public law matters are very different from private industry legal matters, and they are affected by a greater number of state and federal statutes. You need specialized legal counsel to manage complex matters and prepare for litigation involving laws that are subject to frequent modifications and varying interpretations from court to court or district to district.
Civil Rights, Personal Injury, Employment and Land Use Matters
Public entities are exposed to a vast amount of liability. Defense work must be comprehensive, thorough and disciplined. Our attorneys work with public entities across the state to identify potential issues before they arise and to limit liability, but in some cases, only so much can be done. We aggressively defend our clients when litigation is unavoidable, and we cost-effectively resolve matters that may be candidates for reasonable settlements, including class and collective action cases.
Our team brings extensive experience to bear as your partner throughout the legal process, including successful resolution of the following types of claims:
- Title VII claims
- Texas Labor Code Chapter 21 (employment discrimination and retaliation) claims
- Gender, race, color, national origin, religion and sexual orientation discrimination claims
- Civil rights actions, including First Amendment, equal protection, and procedural and substantive due process claims
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) claims
- Rehabilitation Act claims
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act claims
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims
- Texas Whistleblower Act and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) whistleblower claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Misappropriation of trade secret claims
- Harassment and hostile work environment claims
- Employer retaliation claims
- Texas Public Information Act claims
- Texas Open Meetings Act claims
- Negligence, work injury, motor vehicle accident injury, wrongful death, premises liability and all other personal injury claims
We Are Prepared to Manage Your Legal Matters and Any Upcoming Litigation
Our lawyers are available in Dallas and Houston at 214-979-7400. You may also reach our firm through our secure online form. Please contact us with any questions and requests to schedule a meeting anywhere in Texas.